Thursday, February 19, 2009

20 years ago late this afternoon Daddy died. The years have flown in some ways, and in others it seems like forever since we lost him. I wish he could have enjoyed his granddaughters longer, and that they could have enjoyed him longer too, and finally, that he could have seen his great-granddaughters, he'd have delighted in them. If he were still here, I doubt I'd have learned how hard it can be to borrow money, nor how to drive a tractor, or repair a broken water pipe, and lots of other things like that - but it's good that I learned those things, he'd taken care of too much too long. I think he'd be glad they know the value of a good horse and that we still have them, and he'd love how Laney feels about her dog Mo. I think he'd be delighted that Obama is president. I fear that the next 20 years will pass even more quickly and that in no time, I'll be almost 80 - something I hate to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment