Tuesday, July 7, 2009

our Corgi, Leon




This morning I had to have our Corgi, Leon, put down. We'd have had him 14 years if he'd lived to Thanksgiving. He's been great company and I will miss him terribly. He loved baths and water. When he swam in tanks it always scared me that he'd start floundering and I might drown trying to rescue him. When it got to be stormy weather, he always wanted to get in the bathtub - somehow I think he knew that was the safest place to be in a storm. He was so pretty and so soft to touch. We got him at Rose Palace at the Greater Houston QHA Thanksgiving Circuit in 1995 - when I got him in my hand, I wouldn't give him back to the Snows, I was afraid they'd sell him before I got back with the check. With Laney riding in the arena warming up and them knowing her, they trusted me to bring the check back. Of course Georgia Snow had told me I could register him, but with him being a fluff I learned I couldn't and I'm sure she knew that. I always thought he was worth every penny of the $400 I paid for him, and much more. Marcus Petri always said Leon was my first son, and Marcus said he himself was my other son.

No comments:

Post a Comment