Friday, August 7, 2009

my summer over

Technically my summer has been over since Tuesday, when I came back to work at school. I worked in Abilene all last week, doing public relations for the Texas State 4-H Horse Show. It was almost dark Saturday when I got home. Sunday we had lunch at Lana's to celebrate Mother's 80th birthday, and I kept Josey on Monday while Laney had a workshop. Josey and I had great fun. I bought her a palm leaf hat in Abilene, and she seems to like wearing it. I can't wait to post photos, but so far haven't gotten any.

Like Abra says on her blog, I'm a book lover. It's hard to decideon favorite books, I love so many. For kids, my favorites are Jennifer, Hecate, McBeth, Willliam McKinley, and Me, Elizabeth, and also A Wrinkle in Time. It'll be a long time until Josey will be ready fo rthose. Some of my favorite adult books have been Gone With The Wind, Lonesome Dove, The Streets of Laredo, Comanche Moon, Fried Green Tomatoes, amd Water For Elephants. I really enjoy anything Dick Francis writes, but his books aren't what you call great books. For a while I really liked Patricia Cornwell and James Patterson, but I don't enjoy them as much any more. I read to escape, I think. I've lots of ideas for writing, and hope one day to sit down and write a book.

There are so many things I wish I could do. I'd love to know how to :
1. make pottery
2. paint and/or draw artistically
3. weld
4. cut and lay ceramic tile
5. upholster furniture
6. take better quality of photographs
7. Do wood working and build furniture and things

No comments:

Post a Comment