Wednesday, March 25, 2009

great spring break

Life in Madison County has been good lately, better than usual. I love spring. A few weeks back we finally got 2.3 inches of rain, and things are greening up, though we still need more rain. I bought a full slicker suit for myself at Christmas, since I put out round bales for my cows every other day all winter, and I never opened the slicker suit until March 13, that's how dry our winter was! I nearly froze March 13, on the tractor in cold drizzle, but I was still thrilled with every drop of rain! We've been on Spring Break this week and I've seen lots of Josey - she and Laney came and ate breakfast on Monday and lunch on Tuesday, and today, Wednesday, we went to the Outlet Mall this side of Conroe where we bought Josey lots of necessities - mostly every day onesies, but a few other darling things. Poor thing, she didn't have a bathing suit or a cardigan to put over a little dress -- now she has several more little dresses plus a cardigan, pink. She's getting so that she smiles at me a lot, and I'm sure at lots of other folks too, but I really love it when she smiles at me! Now I've got to get to the Fair - Pig Show! Maybe it'll rain tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment